Let me tell you something, when I was pregnant, never did it crossed our minds that Nate would have a curly hair (who would've when both Dane and I have really straight hairs, right?). So when Nate came out, the first time I saw him, I was totally caught off guard. I just didn't see that coming and honestly, I was a bit sad when I saw him with curly hair. However, when his hair started growing, I started loving it, his hair's so shiny, black, smooth and perfectly curly! Just look at this one:
|Nate's perfect curls!|
1. It's summer, he feels so hot with his hair
2. His hairs so long, they cover his eyes already
3. Many thought he's a girl! lol!
4. My parents suggested it.
|Before we cut his hair, we'd use a ponytail on his hair so it won't cover his eyes, otherwise it'll look like this:|
|The all happy and excited Nate, amazed by all the new things he saw|
1. Expect to sit on "that" chair. No, your baby's not sitting on that chair (plus, the chair's huge, he's not gonna stay still! haha. So you, we mothers are the ones to sit on that chair while carrying him.
2. Expect a lot of cut hair on you and your baby. Nate didn't like the cover they use, he takes them off so the barber decided not to use it anymore. And, we forgot to put it on me instead. wahaha! So I was all messed with Nate's hair.
3. Prepare extra clothes. This one's a must (and I know now). On his next haircut, I'll definitely bring extra clothes not only for him but also for me.
4. Prepare your tricks so he'd sit still. I think it took about 7-9 minutes for the barber to cut his hair. Nate was very active so it took longer. I had to do something para matapos na agad and I had to use all the hidden talents I have to get his attention so he'll stay and not move because if not, he'll go grab the scissors, the combs and the brushes! lol!
5. Expect the feeling of shock. When your baby's hair is lengthy, just like Nate's and it suddenly becomes very short, you'll get a mixed emotion! haha. May shock factor talaga sya!!! I think it was funny how Dane and I kept staring at him for a few minutes. I personally think Nate has changed, his entire being is what I meant, I don't know. hahaha. When we arrived home, they were all laughing to see him with a very short hair. Tumawa lang din si baby. Nakakatuwa!
I hope these tips can help you in preparing for your child's first haircut! :) Oh, and before I forget, here's Nate's before and after photo:
|Nate's long and curly hair versus the new trimmed hair. :)|
What was your experience during your child's first haircut? I'd love to know your story. :)