Guess what? It's my 28th birthday!!! Yay! Thank you Lord! Wow! Where's all my teenage years? haha.
(I've So I've been thinking, I should do something I've never done before: a few personal questions (28 questions to be exact this time).
Wow, I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I'm a year older (and I hope wiser *insert grin here*), nevertheless, I am thankful for God's guidance and blessings throughout the year. So here are 28 questions about myself, I got this list from The 50 questions posted on The Fab Files and just picked 28 questions out of it.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My mother calls me "Len" but I like my nickname spelled either "Lyn" or "Lynn". Most people call me "Nilyn" or "Ate Nilyn" and I don't have any problems with that. :D
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
Disclaimer: I'm not a book lover. I tried, but just no. I have a complete HP, Twilight and The Hunger Games Trilogy (in ebook) that are waiting for years for me read them! Still unable to finish any of these series #sorrynotsorry.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
Toss and Turn? Yes, I do. Sometimes, I cover my head with pillow, I think of a baby's face sleeping soundly but most of the time, I give up and just sigh!
4. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I keep most of them (there were few that I burned and threw away, usually love letters, lol) but my HS classmate's greeting cards are still with me. And of course, Dane's love letters. Aw! ♥
5. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
This one depends if I come in late or not. If I'm one of the early birds, I greet the people I know and try to make small talks. The scenario's so much different when I'm late! I go on "invisible mode", haha!
6. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
AdSense? LOL! No, there's no AdSense on this blog, I'm not approved yet.
I think the strongest is my sense of humor (char lang). I don't want to give up anything. #sorrynotsorry
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Now that I'm already a mom? Gosh! Once? Twice a day? *insert sarcastic laugh here*
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I grew up believing that if I point my finger on a rainbow, it'd be cut! *laughs hysterically*
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Sweets and junk foods! (This is the easiest question, really!).
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Aside from Dane? Hmmm. I'd say my mother. When someone in the family comes to visit us here, she makes sure she has simple "pasalubongs" like garlic (yes! no kidding!), guavas, peanut butter and tabliya.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
I read newspapers once in a blue moon! (another sorry, not sorry!) Which sections? What sections? roflol!
Is a flying cockroach an animal? lol! If not, I'd say snakes.
13. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored?
"Konti nalang, mawawala na yang tiyan mo". Tiyan talaga? haha. Belly fats, she meant my belly fats. I needed that to keep me going with my journey to a flatter tummy! haha!
14. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
In my 28 years of existence, I can say that there's nothing major, major... Just kidding!
I would say my tummy! I'll lie if I say I'm happy with my stretch marks. Of course I wanted my pre-pregnancy belly back. But, acceptance is the key, so. This is something I can no longer take back. lol. (unless of course I become so rich, maybe I can have the doctors fix it, haha).
15. Are you high maintenance? Explain.
No, I don't think so. I fear branded and expensive products. I grew up with almost nothing but a happy and noisy family. When we were young, we experienced eating rice plus salt & oil for dinner. This I think is one of the reasons why I choose less expensive stuff.
16. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Last week? haha. Going to the gym is tiresome but I like the pain, I like the burn, I feel accomplished. So yeah.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
Then VS now, when I was in my teenage years, I wanted to be able to have as many friends as I can. At one point in my life, I wanted to be Ms. Congeniality. But then I realized, people come and go. Now that I'm "older", I choose quality over quantity.
18. What do you think about more than anything else?
My family. Our financial status and our future plans.
19. What’s something that amazes you?
Nature and Choir. Period.
20. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
Household chores! haha. (Just being honest here).
21. What position do you sleep in?
22. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
I have this attitude of not talking to Dane for a long time when we quarrel, that's what I want to change.
23. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
24. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Angelina? Charot! haha. I'm ok with Nilyn but if I would have to change it, I'd love Danielle or Daniella (para match kay Dane, naks! haha).
25. What do you consider unforgivable?
I won't say unforgivable because God forgives. But infidelity is something I can't take. I'm willing to forgive but I don't think I can forget.
26. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
Yes. My belief in Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord.
27. In what area of your life are you immature?
When surrounded with kids (Nate, to be exact). :D
28. When do you find yourself singing?
When I'm in the bathroom! And when I'm playing the guitar. :)
That'd be all for now. Thanks in advance for all the wishes and greetings! ♥
PS: All selfie photos are throwback photos. Can't find a nice photo taken recently, haha!