An FB friend's post of her son playing a newly purchased drumset reminded me that I have been planning to buy Nate one and just keep forgetting about it. Poor me!
Since Nate is in love with the drum set in the church, I decided to buy him a drum set already (it's been long overdue anyway). There's a lot of cute drum set available in Lazada to choose from. However, since I wanted to buy a cheaper set, I purchased the one with no bass drum - just five drums, and one cymbal for PHP 699.
Nate was so excited when I told him about it that he kept asking me every day about the drum set (and when he would get it)! When it was finally delivered two (2) days after I ordered it, Nate was all smiles as I open the package. Oh, his reaction was priceless! Nakakatuwa!
This was what we got:
- 5 drums in 3 different sizes
- 1 plastic chair
- 2 plastic drumsticks
For Php 699, I think it is affordable. I wish it had the bass drum and pedal but with that in the set, the price goes up to PHP 1, 500+, that's double the price for just a bass drum and pedal!
I'm satisfied with this purchase. The product is easy to assemble, any moms can do it without daddy's help. I'm happy that Nate likes it too. The drums sound nice but the cymbal doesn't have a good sound, parang lata lang. Pero I wasn't surprised, I never expected it to sound like a real cymbal since it was just a toy. Also, mabilis mayupi ang cymbal pag napapalo ng stick, tawa nga kami ng tawa kasi konting pukpok pa lang, bugbog sarado na sya. haha.
|The "bugbog-saradong" cymbals after a few days of use. lol.|
1. "Dapat 'yong blue!" - Nate's favorite color for now (for now 'coz sometimes he likes yellow), he wanted it blue. We got a red one. Unfortunately, the color is sent randomly. If only I could choose, I would have chosen blue.
2. "Dapat 'di outbalance!" - He meant the chair. So I think the chair is not so reliable because even a two-year-old can say that the chair easily gets out of balance. Nate even got another chair to use.
3. "Dapat walang sulat!" - Nate didn't like all the writings on the drums saying "my first band" with all the star drawings all over it. I think they're trying to make it look attractive since kids like stars (and all), but Nate's not buying it. He wished it was just plain with no writings/drawings at all.
|Nate didn't like the drawings and writings on the drums. He wanted it blue as well (colors are sent randomly)|
4. "Dapat may apakan." - Since Nate knows the basic parts of a drum set, he knows that something's missing on this set. He was looking for the bass drum and the pedal to step on. I told him it's not on the set because, with those, it's more expensive. I think he understood but he kept saying this more than ten (10) times that day, I guess. Lol!
I had no problem with this purchase, delivery was fast. However, let me set your expectation that this it does not have a very good quality, it's not super durable. Although, with proper care, I know this product can last long. All in all, Nate loves this toy and he plays it from time to time.